Renew Your Business Certification

Instructions for First Time Online Users:

Arrow bullet  New users will first have to register in order to create a User ID, Password, and Security
         Question. From the Renewal Portal login page, click "Register a Business" in the top left Menu

Arrow bullet Follow the instructions on the registration page and enter information into at least two of the
        data fields. Your Renewal ID and Registration Code are on your "Official Notice to Renew" that is
        mailed from our office the week after your profession's renewal period opens. THIS RENEWAL
        for businesses the "license number" is your certificate number and has a prefix, such as "E-123"
        for engineering or "PS-123" for professional surveyor facilities. 

Arrow bullet Complete your registration. You may now use your new User ID and Password to login. 
        Save this information as it will remain in our system for you to use during your next renewal

For more detailed instructions for Registration and Online Renewals please see the following:

To Renew By Paper:

Paper Renewal Form For Business Entities
Print the paper renewal form and mail to our Board office with a check or money order for $95.00. This form may also be found on the backside of your Official Renewal Notice. Please note that incomplete forms will be returned! 

Need to Update Any Information with Our Board? 

To update business name: Business Entity Name Change Form
To change your Principal in Responsible Charge: Responsible Principal Change for Business Entity
To add additional emails or addresses: Address Change Request Form 
                         All business entity forms can be located by using the 'Forms' tab at the top of our website! 

K.A.R. 66-6-6. Renewal of licenses and certificates of authorization.

(b) Each business entity whose name begins with one of the letters A through L shall renew its certificate of authorization in even numbered years. Each business entity whose name begins with one of the letters M through Z shall renew its certificate of authorization in odd-numbered years. A notice shall be issued by the board to each business entity during the appropriate renewal year, and not later than 30 days before the December 31 expiration date.
... to view K.R.A. 66-6-6 in its entirety please click here.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I still renew by paper? 
Yes, you are welcome to fill out the renewal form provided on the back of your 'Official Notice to Renew,' or utilize the available form at the top of this page, and mail it into our Board with a check or money order. 

Why can I not find my business online when I try to register? 
If you are unable to see your Certificate of Authorization details while registering or while logged into the portal please make sure you are entering in your data exactly as it is listed on your renewal form, and then feel free to contact KSBTP at 785-296-3053 or for further help. 

What payment options are available? Online you may pay by electronic check ($1.25 processing fee) or by card ($1.75 processing fee). If you wish to send a check or money order please send with a paper renewal form.